On the Inside with Sydney Builder, Neil Turrell
If you have renovated or built before, you will understand that success is dependant on two important aspects:
- Great planning; and
- Great design and building professionals.
That’s why we got together with our very own Top 3 local business pick member, Sydney builder, Neil Turrell from Turrell Building Services, to find out how you can get these aspects right for your project.
Sydney Builder Tip 1: Great Planning
According to Neil, one of the most important parts of the building or renovation process is planning. During this phase, it’s important to gain absolute clarity on your vision and expectations.
This means answering a number of important questions like:
- How much extra space do you need? Is it indoor or outdoor?
- How long do you expect to be in the current property?
- Do you have a budget to work with?
- What design elements are an absolute must for you?
- What kind of privacy do you require?
- How often will you use the area?
- What type of atmosphere are you hoping to achieve?
- Will the outdoor entertaining area complement the style of your home?
A home assessment and detailed discussion with a good builder or architect can help your answer these and come up with a design that suits your needs.
Sydney Builder Tip 2: Great Professionals
According to Neil, you should also look for specific criteria in the builder, architect and other trades professions that you engage.
The planning, design and building process may be tedious and involve months of your life, making it really important to be working with the right experienced professionals from start to finish.
This means asking the right questions like:
- Have they done this type of work before? Especially if it’s a large renovation or new build.
- How many people work in the business in case the main builder was to get sick or have time off during project?
- Can you see their recent projects in the area?
Ready to speak to a trusted Sydney Builder?
Ultimately any vision you have for your home renovation or build can only be achieved by working with the right experienced builder. One that “gets you”.
For a discussion about your plans, why not contact Neil from Turrell Building Services for an informal chat about your project.
Other Useful Links: